Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2013

Give Me Wings to Fly!


What would be the best gift we could receive from the people we love or better yet what would be the best gift we could give to them.
I would say this,
"Give me wings to fly! Be the wind that lifts me and watch me soar!"
We share ourselves with many people, in many different contexts. We are mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, mentors, girlfriends, daughters....
And in being all these things, we sometimes loose sight of our true selves because we are too busy doing instead of being.
We all have dreams and aspirations but the mechanics of life anchor us.
When a loved when asks you what would you like for your birthday, Christmas or any other special day, offer this response.

Love me but do not ground  me.
Hold me but do not anchor me.
Lift me but do not carry me.
And when the gentle breeze blows release me and I will always remember to fly home.

A life lived without dreams is no life lived at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment